Tuesday, May 3, 2011

The Bazinga!

Next Raygun here was made for my friend Mary. While I personally can't stand the show "The Big Bang Theory" Mary is known to throw a bazinga from time to time and it generally makes me laugh. I honestly don't know how you can watch (and enjoy) a show that still has a laugh track but...we're getting off topic.



I like this one quite a bit. It's the first one I've made with a switch as a trigger (which I think is pretty cool) and it incorporated something I'd been holding on to for a while. The innards from an old barometer thingy I got from a thrift store.



That's it on the end there. The coils were made by wrapping copper wire around a bolt and then stretching it out to fit.



The "emitter" on the front is parts from one of the paint guns I had and the barrel was a neat candle holder I found.



The coils in the middle was a plastic insert from some tool or another I took apart for parts. I wrapped thin copper wire around each prong to make a cool coil effect.

I finished it up with the same dry brushing and wash technique from before. This time I also added a couple of coats of a clear matte spray paint. It'll keep the paint job from rubbing off and it makes the metal look a little older and sortof simulates a patina.

Just to show you here is an example of this gun clean (right after assembly) and then with the paint.

P5010094

annnnnnnd



It's not a huge difference but I think it looks way better after the paint.

The following pictures are due to a combination of things. Mainly the fact that we had a pair of goggles, a big scarf, a small parka, and a new Raygun.









More to come! I have one in the works that I think will be my best one yet. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment