Monday, May 2, 2011

The Illuminator

Here it is guys.  The one that started it all.  I was really inspired by guys like Tinkerbots (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tinkerbots/) and wanted to make some cool Rayguns of my own.  Here is the product of my first dive into the found item art pool.

 

What's that my beefy arm is supporting?  Man that's just The Illuminator!  Bonafide brass lamp raygun assembled by yours truly.

 

  Awww is it sleepy?  Naw it's just weighed down with retro cool is all.

 

 The body is made out of found lamp parts.  The handle is an old salad fork that I cut the end off of and screwed into the bottom of the gun.  The very tip is a sprinkler head and the far right end is the screw end of an old lightbulb.  The toes are mine and you can't have them...


I built this mainly because Weta is sponsoring a raygun modifying contest on at the replica prop forums (therpf.com).  That's why it has the Dr. Grordbort's symbol at the bottom there.  I saw the really cool stuff that Tinkerbots and some of the RPF guys were making so I made this to warm up for the competition.  I just had no idea that I would enjoy it this much.  This is the first post of many so stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment