Monday, May 23, 2011

Paint Tutorial!

Hey cats and kittens. I ran across this tutorial for making a really good and cheap simulated metal paint job.

I can't even stress how easy this is.

FIRST!

You get yourself a watergun or some sort of plastic business that you want to metalify. I chose the red one in this lineup below.


NEXT!

Just get some normal flat black spray paint and give it a good coat. Unfortunately I didn't take a picture of this step. So through the magic of Photoshop I have provided you with something very similar to the real thing.


ALSO NEXT!

Get yourself some silver or metallic spray paint and spray a little pool of it onto a paper plate or a piece of plastic. Blot the paint up with a cloth and just rub the gun from one end to the other in nice even strokes. It's dries in no time and you end up with something like this.

Painting test

Pretty dang cool right?

Imagine the possibilities too.  I mean if it has little nooks and crannies like these then it can be made to look great in no time.  Throw another wash of some dark colors to make it look even more realistic.

Now as much as I would like to I can't take all the credit on this one. I found the tutorial on youtube and have provided the video below.



Until next time folks...

No comments:

Post a Comment